Home is wherever I'm with you...

"Home" Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
[Her:]
Alabama, Arkansas.
I do love my ma and pa,
Not the way that I do love you.
[Him:]
Holy, Moley, me, oh my,
You're the apple of my eye,
Girl I've never loved one like you.
[Her:]
Man oh man you're my best friend,
I scream it to the nothingness.
There ain't nothing that I need.
[Him:]
Well, hot and heavy, pumpkin pie,
Chocolate candy, Jesus Christ,
Ain't nothing please me more than you.
[Both:]
Ahh Home. Let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you.
Ahh Home. Let me go ho-oh-ome,
Home is wherever I'm with you.
[Him:]
I'll follow you into the park,
Through the jungle through the dark,
Girl I never loved one like you.
[Her:]
Moats and boats and waterfalls,
Alley-ways and pay phone calls,
I've been everywhere with you.
[Him:]
We laugh until we think we’ll die,
Barefoot on a summer night
Nothin’ new is sweeter than with you
[Her:]
And in the streets you run afree,
Like it's only you and me,
Geeze, you're something to see.
[Both:]
Ahh Home. Let me go home.
Home is wherever I'm with you.
Ahh Home. Let me go ho-oh-ome.
Home is wherever I'm with you.

So - we are officially home. And as we settle in, I am boxing up random wedding items from around the house... and memories keep shooting back at me from the wedding. To be honest it was all such a love-blur that on our way to the hotel, post-reception, Ben and I couldn't even remember who we did and didn't talk to (though each conversation was very meaningful... I swear!). But now, a couple weeks later, we are remembering the things that we will hold onto for the rest of our lives. I will let you in on a few of the best, without getting too sappy...
  • Music - For goodness' sake... are we not blessed with amazingly talented friends and family? The only thing I had ever pictured from the time I was a little girl was the music that would usher in the good Lord on my weddin' day. And I would by lying if I said it wasn't everything I had dreamed of and more.
  • Nerves - Neither of us expected to be anxious... and we weren't until the hour before the ceremony... but when it hit it HIT. There is no better feeling than THAT kind of anticipation. If I could bottle it up and sell it as a drug, I would... (as long as it was legal).
  • People - our wedding would have been a major bust if it werent for the people that love us and their incredible gifts of time, talent, and love.... Everything from doing our makeup & hair, to taking pictures of us ALL DAY, to decorating and runnig the reception... It was the most massive team-effort I have ever been a part of. If anyone ever doubted the goodness of the body of Christ, they should be slapped... (settle down, it was a joke).
  • Beer - My parents totally underestimated the ability of our friends and family to consume beer... not alcohol in general people... Just plain ol' cans of PBR. We will forever think back and laugh about the condition of our wedding party 1 hr into the reception. God bless you guys for always being the party, no matter where you are (or how long you have been there).
  • The Walk - waiting for the walk down the isle was the best moment of my life. On the arm of the man who HAS loved me more than anyone, preparing to hold the arm of the man who WILL love me more than anyone. Is there any moment so beautiful that the tears are happy, sad, chaotic, ugly, and gorgeous all at the same time? I will never be able to re-create the unique love and joy experienced in that moment as long as I live... and then when the doors flew open... Well, you guys saw the rest.
So those are the highlights. And now... the best memories lie ahead. We have a home in eachother. We have dreams. We have a purpose and role to fill in this life, as God's masterpiece. Apart we were great, together we are the best version of ourselves.

So cheers to marriage, cheers to dreaming, and cheers to our new home.

2 comments:

Missy said...

This is heartwarming. Thanks for sharing all the joy!

Unknown said...

this is adorable! although we never got to know each other very well I think blogs are such a great way of getting to know the heart of people, you guys are incredible!

Post a Comment